What is the General Data Protection Regulation? (GDPR)
The GDPR is a new regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union, aiming to give control back to citizens and residents over their personal data.
The GDPR comes into effect from 25th May 2018.
Taking data security and privacy seriously
At Higham Lane School, we take data security and privacy extremely seriously and believe that the GDPR is an important step forward for clarifying and enabling individual privacy rights, as such we are committed to maintaining compliance with the GDPR.
We also have updated a number of key policies that cover in detail how we handle and manage data:
- Policy 59 - Data Protection Policy
- Privacy Notice - Parent/Carer
- Privacy Notice - Pupil Under 13
- Privacy Notice - Pupils 13+
- Privacy Notice - Job Applicants
- Subject Access Request Information Form
- GDPR Infographic for Parents & Carers
- YouTube Video - GDPR Mind Map for Parents
- HLS Privacy Notice for Call Recording v1.0 February 2023
Thank you for trusting us and please be assured that we will always take the security and privacy of your data very seriously.
If you have questions regarding data protection and GDPR, please do not hesitate to contact the school’s Designated Data Protection Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org